Monday, October 23, 2006

Introducing Fred CherryBomb!



My name is Fred CherryBomb, and I came home with my new person last week. Phew! Has it really been just a few days?

I'm part Basset Hound, part Labrador, and all hunting dog. On one of my very first walks through the new 'hood, I spotted a grouping of deer hanging out at the back of the cemetery. I told my new Mom I'd be happy to bring one home for her, but she wouldn't let me go after them.

I also love to sniff the ground, trying to track small game. Mom wouldn't let me bring one of those home for her either. Geez, parents!

Unlike my Basset forebears, I really love to go for walks. And I love spending time outdoors, even if Mom won't let me off my leash. All that activity! The other dogs and cats and kids!

Right now, my Mom is cursing my last toenail trimmer. I guess I scratched her when I jumped up. I'm really trying not to do that anymore, but it is sooo hard not to do it when I get excited.

And now that I've recovered my energy after that little "snip" last week, I've started to get a little more rough with my play. All my doggy friends let me nip at them to show my affection, but Mom won't let me do that either! She says the Humane Society has articles to help us with these things...

All in all, life is pretty good. If I obey "sit", I get treats. I love treats! I'm starting to learn lie down, but I get all excited about my treat and forget to stay. Mom says that's okay, our obedience class will help us with that, too.

Yawn! I'm getting sleepy. My new Mom is sacked out on the couch sleeping. I think I'll join her. (Don't worry, I won't climb on the couch. I already know my house rules!)

Won't Mom be suprised when she finds out I know how to use the Internet!!! Another Fred, TOTW!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Merry said...

Freddie! Glad your human hasn't noticed you accessing the keyboard. Those toenails can get in the way somet@#$! when I type. And I can sympathize with your attempts to train your human. They're slow learners sometimes, but if you love them hard enough they usually get the message. I've got a scarf that I wear around my neck, which reads "what part of 'treat' don't you understand?" That usually does the trick.

Welcome!
Tangerine

10:21 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home