Sunday, October 15, 2006

Modern Healthcare and Other Frustrations

Tomorrow afternoon I get to visit the shrink. My first psychiatrist. A little scary. But in exchange, I'll get to learn just how screwed up I really am. Certainty - a beautiful thing.

It's been a difficult weekend. Not sure why. Maybe the change of the weather, maybe all the trouble I've been through trying to get Monday's appointment.

On the plus side, the dog search has been a positive thing for me. I can't wait to bring my companion home. Only bad thing - I live in a "community" that forbids pets over 40 pounds. And I've lost my heart to a 70# labrador at the Humane Society.

After much back and forth, I think I've finally convinced the owner to let me have my larger dog. But she won't give me a waiver until she returns to town on Tuesday, which means I've been checking the Humane Society site four times a day to make sure my buddy hasn't been adopted yet.

If he does get adopted before I can bring him home myself, I'm going to have to start the search anew. And if I have to stick below the 40 pound limit, I'll have to find a puppy, since most dogs in that weight class have inbred behaviors (barking, dominance) that can be made worse with poor upbringing (poor socialization, lack of training).

Also, the shelters around here don't get many dogs in that size range. The few they do seem to take in go VERY quickly. (A poodle/lhasa mix went in 6 hours. And that was with a $250 adoption fee.)

I hope to soon supply the answer to the equasion PUPPY ?=? PROZAC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home