Monday, July 20, 2009

Blind Faith

What are the biggest moments of our life? Birth, marriage, death. 

When we are born, our family, our community, gathers to bear witness - to the parents' promise to raise a child of faith, to a child's promise to abide by that faith. 

When we are married, we again invite families and communities to bear witness to our lovers' declarations of love everlasting. 

And in death, it is our final duty as witnesses to give testimony, to bestow "life everlasting". 

So what is the most sacred duty of our faith? To stand witness. Not just to passively observe, but to actively witness, and testify. To remind our larger communities of the promises they made before God and man. 

But, when He asked me to bear witness, I closed my windows and my blinds, and tried not to hear. If I could not see, then I could not know. In being blind, I broke faith with God.  

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, 
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy Kingdom come, 
Thy Will be done, 
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
And give us this day, our daily bread, 
And forgive us our trespasses, 
As we forgive those who trespass against us, 
And lead us not into Temptation, 
But deliver us from Evil."

I understand now. 



1 Comments:

Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Oh Cary. What happened is not your fault. You couldn't know what was going on in that house. Not Your Fault! You're a good person. If you had known you would have called and reported it. I am sure of that.

5:53 PM, July 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home